Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #17

 
Another song where it needs to be a specific performer or the song just isn't the same.  Christmas Island by Leon Redbone is the only version that matters.  I know all the parrot heads out there will say that about the Jimmy Buffet version but this is my favorite version.
 
 


Being a Jersey boy through and through, I've never spent Christmas anywhere in a warm climate.  All but two of my 44 Christmases have been spent in my home state, the other two being spent in Virginia.  I always wondered how it would feel spending Christmas somewhere warm like Florida.  Disney World more specifically!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...