Friday, July 23, 2010

Growing Up 80's

I was born in the late 60's so that makes me a child of the 70's but I really grew up in the 80's. In the 80's I: Celebrated my 18Th birthday. Graduated from 8Th grade and high school. Watched the first close loved one (my grandmother) in my life pass from this earth. Got my first job; at the ripe old age of 12. Uh, did a certain something with a certain girl for the first time. Got married. One of the ways you know if you were a child of the 80's is if you ever buttoned the top button of your coat around your neck and without putting your arms through the sleeves too I mean. The after the button, snap, toggle thing or whatever was secured you would zoom around like a super hero. You know you did it and you all know who you are.



On this day in 1982 Vic Morrow died while filming the Twilight Zone movie. He was hit by the rotor blades of a helicopter while filming his own stunts for the film.



In 1984 Vanessa Williams handed in her crown and sash as she stepped down from being Miss America because of some naughty pictures that had surfaced.




Which lead to the crowning of Suzette Charles who was Miss America for all of seven weeks. She's from Jersey by the way so that has to count for something.

Just a little odd information I thought I would share. Thanks for indulging me.

2 comments:

  1. Since WHEN have your grown up?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yeah sorry the 80's were a little before my time.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...