Saturday, October 7, 2017

When there's no more room in Hell the dead shall walk the Earth.


The Fly from 1958 had some great scenes and one of the creepiest scenes of all time in horror movie history, of course I am talking about the "Help Me!" scene at the end. The 1986 remake of The Fly was creepy all the way through. 
 

In the winter of 2007, when we still lived in our apartment, Denise The Horror Honey and I found ourselves snowed in for more than a day.  This was one of those surprise storms that got bigger than the weather people thought it would.  We had exhausted everything we could think of watching on TV and one evening we read the on screen description of a "B" horror movie that was about to air on Showtime or maybe it was Cinemax.  We didn't have great expectations turns out we were pleasantly surprised with this horror/comedy.  So much so it has become one of my current day favorites.  Slither


The first horror movie I ever saw in a movie theater.  I was 7 and vacationing at the Jersey shore with my family when I saw this at The Strand which was the movie theater that was right on the Wildwood boardwalk way back when in 1975.   


2 comments:

  1. Trip down memory lane! Slither is good fun, for sure. And Jaws is just a great film, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back now it Jaws was what gave me a fear of going into the ocean any deeper than my ankles for a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...