Monday, October 23, 2017

Whatever You Do, Don't Fall Asleep

Not to be outdone by Jason today we had a visit from Freddy Kreuger himself! One of the very first Monster Mania conventions I ever went to was in March of 2008 or 2009 and at one point during the day I went outside to have a cigarette. Yes, this was back when I still smoked so I know it was almost 10 years ago at least. While I was outside at the smoking section near the hotel I was freezing my ass off and out to join me comes Robert England with his "handler" or personal assistant whatever you call them. We were the only three people there and it was surreal. He shivered for a moment, put his hands in his pockets and said "Cold as a witch's tit out here." I had to laugh as I butted out my cigarette (it was in the teens that day a specifically cold day for March and we had just had a decent snow fall just a few days earlier)and said that that was a very appropriate way to say it considering where we were. 


Some of Freddy's best kills:


Freddy wasn't just good at killing he was quick with the wit as he was doing his killing which set him apart from Jason and Michael! 



8 More Days!!

 



2 comments:

  1. Freddy was never as cool to me as Michael or Jason. He was just to much of a smart ass. But what a big part of the 80s he was, huh?

    8 more days... time freakin' flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah of the three he is third in line for me but still an 80's classic and I've always been a Wes fan.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...