Saturday, October 15, 2022

Killer Eye: Halloween Haunt (2011)

 
Almost halfway through the month now so maybe today we will step up our game.  Or maybe not.  This is a sequel to The Killer Eye from 1999.  So here we have another one of those sequels where I didn't know it was a sequel and therefore did not see the first film in the series.  Not a big deal with this one as about a third of this film is footage from the first film.  No, it's not a flashback type story or origin story that shows the first film clips but the characters in this one have a DVD of the first film and they decide to watch it.  That works for me!  This one comes from the mind, again, of one Charles Band at Full Moon Productions.  Band wore all three writer, director, and producer hats for this which is one of the ways he keeps costs down.
 

 
Other ways is by not having any big names in the films, which this one does not.  Starring as college coeds are Erica Rhodes (Foxfur, as well as starring in a pair of stand up comedy performances which she also does), Olivia Alexander (Monster In Law, Camp Dakota, and Old 37), Chelsea Edmundson (Army of the Dead, Thunder Road, and Gangster Squad), and Ariana Madix (The Dead Want Women and some reality show called Vanderpump Rules).  All the girls meet at Jenna's (Rhodes) house to decorate it for Halloween.  One of the decorations is a replica of the killer eye from the first film.  That's where the DVD came from as that was with the figure.  
 


 The interesting part of this film is that Band uses props from several other Full Moon films.  Gingerbread Man, Puppet Master, Demonic Toys, Head of the Family, and Killjoy just to name a few.  I'm sure I could watch this film four times over and I would notice something from another movie.  There's that much stuff used as decorations but that would entail me watching this more than once.  Which sounds more like a punishment to me.  This one is mostly naked girls getting comically killed by an eyeball puppet (not supposed to be a puppet but that's what it is) but before that they dance and some have sex with each other.  Meh.  Two Tarot cards out of five for this one which is just slightly below average for a Full Moon movie.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like to much of a jumble for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow saw this so long ago it's now just a dim memory to me. However, I do remember it didn't blow my hair back

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...