Monday, October 7, 2024

Haunted From Within (2004)

 


When I start a movie, especially one in the horror genre, I usually check to see who the actors are and who directed the film.  Haunted From Within has actors with no other credentials; just this movie and that is it.  Not sure why but I have a pretty good idea.  None of them can act!  They are so stiff, and their lines feel like there are large copies of script pages just out of sight of the cameras.  This is as bottom dollar as it gets; I’ve seen better films made with smart phones.  As you would expect from a film based on a Mexican legend the film contains many scenes that are subtitled due to the dialogue being in Spanish.  I only mention that because some people have issues with foreign films.  I know I know, I can hear some of you saying that if you wanted to read, you would have bought a book.  Fair enough, you’ve been warned.  Sometimes I have issues with them as well.

 

 


 

I got this in one of those DVD packs with six other movies so it’s no big loss as I bought it for one movie only.  No need to complain but this isn’t even on the level of a Mill Creek collection.  So yeah, Mill Creek is better than Echo Bridge.  Sorry Echo Bridge.  I dragged the bottom of the lake and I do mean the very bottom and I was able to pull up one drowned kid out of five.  I know that’s a little graphic and insensitive maybe.  I wrote about the fantasy TV show Grimm last year during The Countdown and there was one episode dedicated to the La Llorona legend and that was better than this.  A lot better!  The movie is also titled Spirit Hunter: La Llorona.  You can tell something is up with this one as I couldn't find more than two pictures to post with the review.  So in order to keep up appearances here's a picture from the Grimm episode I mentioned earlier.  

 


  

5 comments:

  1. Can't all be winners. Heck, can't even all be middling sorta okay-ish. Something has to be the bottom, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has to be something to make us appreciate the great ones. I'd settle for a real good one right now!

      Delete
    2. Um. . . what about Culp's Knob. Hey that sounds like a town in a folk horror movie, dunnit???

      Delete
  2. Mill Creek has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay upped it's game since the days of those 50 movie packs with half of them nearly unwatchable prints; now they're doing high quality blu rays of stuff. I kinda miss those old cheezy days of those Mill Creek bricks but, as you say, Echo Bridge is still holding aloft that craptacular torch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as Echo Bridge is around we will still have those prints with the green lines and the off color pallet. No worries there. Plus there's always Tubi!

      Delete

Nelly Rapp: Monster Agent (2020)

  The other day I had commented that I had not reviewed an anthology film, and I quickly corrected that over site.   Today I noticed that ...