Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Watch Me (2006)


 

 

 

Including the director and the four top billed stars of the film aside from Watch Me, they have all been a part of six other films.  So, knowing that explains a lot of what is wrong with this Aussie horror film.  First, if you’ve seen The Ring or The Grudge, you’ve pretty much seen this one.  Watch Me is centered around a DVD that has “Watch Me” written on it.  Once someone watches it a vengeful spirit with red hair dressed in a yellow raincoat comes and kills the person.  The DVD in question contains what is called a snuff film.  The director, Melanie Ansley is mostly a producer of documentaries, but she wanted to try her hand at horror films.

 


 

Honestly, I don’t know how she didn’t get sued for copyright infringement.  There’s nothing new here and the film is hard to see at times because God forbid someone should turn on a light so we can see what is going on.  Watch Me sounds good, I mean there’s good sound effects and the killer demon ghost girl looks scary enough.  But we’ve seen this all done before and done better. One of the only saving graces is this has a short run time of just under 80 minutes, so it’s over quick.  One and half Ringus out of five.  After watching this I want to go to Wendy’s for a baconator because that’s who the demon girl looks like!  And again I couldn't find a third pic to use so here's a pic of WWE wrestler Liv Morgan whose theme song is titled "Watch Me" and that's sort of the same thing.  




2 comments:

  1. Zoinks. Another I will sidestep and avoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Cheeks DaBelly and I approve this message.

      Delete

Nelly Rapp: Monster Agent (2020)

  The other day I had commented that I had not reviewed an anthology film, and I quickly corrected that over site.   Today I noticed that ...