Sunday, October 10, 2021

Puppet Master III: Toulon’s Revenge

 
First I want to say I am a Full Moon/Charles Band fan.  I love the Puppet Master franchise and out of the dozen or so films to feature the little macabre marionettes this is my favorite.  Now while this is the third film released in the series it is the second film chronologically which is part of the reason why this is one of the most frustrating installments of the series. 
 

 
 This film has a lot going for it so let's start with the puppets themselves.  As this serves as the first prologue, we get to see the origin of a few of the puppets.  First up is the leech woman puppet and I admit the sound effects they use for her are stomach churning.  We also see the origin of Blade, my favorite puppet in the series, and the leader of the gang in most of the films.  This also features Six Shooter who is here in the third film which is the first film in chronological order but isn't in the first or second films which takes place AFTER this one.  See why they frustrate me so much?! 
 
 
  
 

 The other thing I need to mention is the cast.  Guy Rolfe plays Andre Toulon and would do so in three more installments (the last being archived footage) and does a remarkable job of explaining the puppets history.  Also starring is Richard Lynch who is one of the villains I most love to hate is every movie I see him in.  No difference here.  Lynch plays Major Kraus, the head Nazi, in the film.  It's easy to root for the gang of animated killers as usually they are killing Nazi's so therefore and ipso facto they are our friends/allies.  I have to admit I even love 'em when they get a little naughty.  

 We happily give this film four leech covered Nazi soldiers out of five.  

 

   

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, my lil ole Full Moon rental buddy! I'm with ya! Of course, I've only seen about 4 or so PUPPET MASTER movies and it's been a long time and i'm SURE I watched them out of order anyway so it's about time I revisited them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to sit and watch these, as I just have seen them off-handedly. And in a coincidence, the Blank Check podcast talked about these movies today, in their discussion of John Carpenter's Price of Darkness. I know, but it just came up in their conversation.

    ReplyDelete

Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

  On a snowy Fat Tuesday, the Horror Honey and I celebrated the 22nd anniversary of our first date by dragging our bodies out of the house a...