Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #10

 
When I was gathering the list of songs I would be putting into the Hall Of Fame, the lovely and talented Denise, better known as my main squeeze, was almost in complete 100% agreement.  She only had one request and that was for this song to be on the list:
 

 
Originally released in 1981, the song has become a modern day classic.  The Waitresses hit the music charts with their song I Know What Boys Like that was released in 1980.  Christmas Wrapping actually ranked higher on the charts so guess technically they wouldn't be considered a one hit wonder.  Sadly the lead singer Patty Donahue died of lung cancer in 1996 at the age of 40.
 
  

2 comments:

  1. A very worthy addition. I've always somehow equated this song as being a Christmas companion to the Shagg's "IT'S HALLOWEEN" -- even though it's MUCH more musically proficient! LOL Two wonderful, happy songs to frolic to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to go and familiarize myself with the Shagg's song now, don't recognize the title but I am currently heavily medicated.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...