Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #22

 
I mentioned in a previous post that I have seen Elton John in concert more than any other musical act so you just had to expect a Christmas song by Sir Elton would appear sooner or later.  But it might not be the one you expected.  Step Into Christmas is the song that gets all the air play on radio stations around the holidays.  Which is fine, I like Step Into Christmas alright but it's not his best Christmas song.  This is:
 
 


Originally recorded and released as the B-Side to Step Into Christmas in 1973 it was always the one I listened to instead since I hear the A-side enough on radio, in stores, on TV etc.  
 
  

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Since I never listen to the radio, I never hear them overplay STEP INTO CHRISTMAS but I listen to that as well as this superb B-side every Christmastime. Goodonya for bringing attention to that neglected turkey song!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

  On a snowy Fat Tuesday, the Horror Honey and I celebrated the 22nd anniversary of our first date by dragging our bodies out of the house a...