Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #31

 
Well, here we are, we've finally arrived to the last day of the year, so of course I feel the need to post a New Year's Eve song for number 31.  There is one song that up until the past few years really didn't catch my attention.  Seth MacFarlane changed all that the moment I heard his performance of this song:
 
 
Originally written in 1947 by Frank Loesser and recorded by The Orioles it reached number nine on the music charts which is the highest spot it has occupied.  It had been recorded by many different acts over the years and I have heard and liked the Harry Connick, Jr. version as well as Barry Manilow's rendition.  None of them really struck me as being Hall of Fame worthy but there's just something about this version that puts it over the top for me.  Enjoy yourselves tonight and have a safe New Year's Eve.
 
     

1 comment:

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...