Friday, December 27, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #27

 
Originally recorded under the pseudonym The Three Wise Men Thanks For Christmas is actually by New Wave Brit Pop band XTC.  The greatest success that XTC ever achieved in the states is with their two hits Dear Madam Barnum and The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead from their 1992 album Nunsuch.    
 

Thanks For Christmas was originally released as a double Christmas single with the B-side being Countdown To Christmas Party Time.  The songs would later be released on the collections of rare recording titled Rag and Bone Collection in 1990.  It's just one of those songs that I absolutely look forward to hearing as soon as the Thanksgiving dishes are cleaned and put away. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...