Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #15

As with Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, Blue Christmas has got to be the Elvis version or it just isn't worth listening to.  Blue Christmas is Elvis' song in my opinion.  All other versions are just cover versions.  But, you may ask, how can a version that was recorded before Elvis' version be considered a cover versions since that one came first. 
 
 
 

 
Yes it did come first but it would still be just pale comparisons to The Kings' version.   Elvis recorded the song in 1957 and cemented the song as a rock and roll Christmas song.  I'm not saying that if you like a different version that you are in any way unable to judge good music when you hear it but then again sometimes there's no accounting for taste.  Shakin' Stevens does a very good version as well but then he's just doing a pretty good Elvis impression.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...