Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #5

 
This song I originally downloaded in February of '08.  That's right after Christmas so you would expect it would be another nine months before I would drag it out again, blow off the dust, and dial it up on my I-Pod (remember those?).  That would have been the case if the song was just a regular Christmas song.  Which this isn't.  Far from it.  I pretty much listened to this song all of 2008 and enjoyed the video for it as well.  The video, in fact, is what made the song a favorite of mine.   
 
 
 
 
Let's take stock; we have a demented puppet show, a homicidal Santa, several horrible Christmas sweaters, a festive goat, and the lead singer of The Killers, Brandon Flowers, is tied up using garland and Christmas lights.  That's just the first half of the video.  Mostly light hearted and fun however there is that one line:

"No one else around believes me
But the children on the block they tease me
I couldn't let them off that easy"

gives the song that hard left turn that takes it somewhere else.  Some songs aren't meant to be Christmas songs.  Others probably shouldn't be and although this one definitely leans towards the latter category, I cherish every second of it.
    


2 comments:

  1. That song's great because it's funny. My favourite Killers Christmas song, though, is "BOOTS".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots is good but between funny and sentimental I will pick funny 8 out of 10 times the other two times I choose Trident.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...