Monday, December 16, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #16

 
We are just about half way through and I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that I stole this idea from my dear close friend Rickster who I have been friends with for longer than I care to remember but it's been around thirty years.  Over at Rickster's blog The Land of Cerpts and Honey, during the month of October, Rickster inducted a song into his Halloween Song Hall of Fame.  One song was inducted every day of October for a total of 31 inductees. 
 

 
O Holy Night is one of Rickster's favorite Christmas songs (or I think it is unless I'm getting old and senile which is absolutely possible) and one of mine as well, so I wanted to take this opportunity to dedicate this inductee to my doddily do.  There are countless versions of this song but I don't care much for any versions done by females because I think the song needs the deeper voice of a tenor.  Josh Grobin does a  more than acceptable version but I'm not sure how RickyRickyRicky feels about that version so I opted to use Michael Crawford's rendition.  Eric Cartman does a surprisingly good and hilarious version also if you like a little comedy in your holy night. 

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...