Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #11

 
And I can begin the countdown to the arrival of the first piece of hate mail I get in three... two... one ...  I hate the John Lennon/Yoko Ono version of this song.  There, I said it.  I don't know why I hate it either, I just do.  However, I absolutely love this version of which I have no idea why there is not a better version of this on YouTube. 
 

 
John and Yoko first recorded the song in 1971 and released it in 1972 as a protest to the war in Vietnam.  Melissa's' version was recorded live in concert in 1994.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...