Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #4

 
There are countless versions of many Christmas songs.  Most of the time it doesn't matter much who is singing the song.  I say I say I say MOST of the time.  Sometimes a song is performed by an artists and it feels like the song was always meant to be done by that particular performer.  Song number four is one of those songs. 
 
 

 
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band originally only performed this song live in concert the few weeks leading into the Christmas holiday.  They would eventually record a version of the song while on tour in 1978, however the song wasn't released until 1985 as the "B" side to My Hometown, a single off of the Born In The USA album.  Sadly, Clarence Clemons is another who has left us far too soon but we are lucky to still be able to enjoy his "Ho Ho Ho's". 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...