Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Man Hole Christmas Song Hall of Fame Inductee #14

 
I feel the need to lighten the mood so what better way to do so than with a bunch of 50 something year old men in makeup and corsets?  In 2006 Twisted Sister, of We're Not Gonna Take It fame released A Twisted Christmas.  Most of the songs on the album are average (at best) 80's era sounding heavy metal versions of Christmas standards.  All of the songs are nothing to write home about except for one or two,.  
 

 
  O Come All Ye Faithful is not typically a favorite Christmas song of mine.  For some reason this version hits all the right chords (pun intended) for me.  Maybe it's because the song works best as an 80's metal song.  Maybe it's because it takes me back to 1983 and sophomore year when I bought my first Twisted Sister album.  Maybe it's because I like 50 year old men in makeup and corsets.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...