Monday, October 30, 2023

Decadent Evil 2 (2007)

 

 I thought Decadent Evil was so good that I just had to search for the sequel.  OK, not really but I am a sucker for Charlie Band films.  Especially if they have puppets in them.  So here we are with my shame on display for all to see.  The sequel features the same stripper vampire with a heart of gold Sugar and her clueless boyfriend Dex.  It also has Marvin the homunculos tagging along with them.  It has Phil Fondacaro doing the voice over work as he narrates Sugar, Dex, and Marvin's quest to bring Ivan back to life.  In order to do that they need the blood of a vampire king.

 


 Like the first one, one of the main setting for this story is a strip club.  Lots of dancing girls doing it in the buff if that's your thing.  There's also some really good music in this one.  Charles Band is on board again as director and producer with writing duties going to Domonic Muir who also wrote Critters and Evil Bong.  I was thinking with all the nudity and the raunchy sex Charles Band puts in his films I have to wonder if some of it was just so he could put a lot of the moments from auditions, filming, and countless re-watches into his spank bank.  He's gotta be sitting somewhere with an old VHS tape of Decadent Evil 2 just doing all kinds of mean nasty ugly things to himself.  No?  OK, moving on.  




So the trio (I didn't call it a threesome because, well, eww) find out the vampire king owns a strip club.  Dex and Sugar get jobs there to get to the vampire king.  Now here's the deal, they revive Ivan from the land of the dead only thing is when he revives, he's not played by Fondacaro instead this time we have a different little person playing the role, Ricardo Gil.  Don't get me wrong, he's not bad it's just I heard Fondacaro's voice earlier so I assumed he would be in this physically as well.  This one looks cheap with the CGI and special effects mostly look bad.  The story is basically the same just the names have changed.  At this point homunculus sex is expected in a Decadent Evil film and this one did not disappoint.  Once again Marvin gets to get his groove on.  While this one isn't as good as the first one there is some decent songs from the house band.  Gave the first one three stars I'll dip down to two and a half horny homunculusesses out of five for Decadent Evil 2.  If you know what to expect going in and with Charles Band and Full Moon Productions which you should, then you won't be let down.     





2 comments:

  1. I will have to look for a master list of Full Moon films to keep track of what to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number of Full Moon films is impressive even if the quality isn't. Charles Band has 80 films in his directorial library and even more that he has produced.

    ReplyDelete

Romancing the Stone (1984)

  I vaguely remember seeing this shortly after it came out and I have to assume it was one I went and saw with my then girlfriend "Ann...